Monday, 6 November 2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hope you all have had a lovely weekend, as for me I am full of cold so no more said.lol 
 I  wanted to do something different from the norm for me, so I had another go at the heat resistant technique I think you call it, in the past I have not had much success with this technique. The poinsettia stamp is from Penny black Wonder Collection that I stamped with a Versa Mark ink pad and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, then I rubbed  it all over with love letter memento ink pad, I added a bit of yellow to the middles of the poinsettias, then I thought I would paint over it all With distress crackle paint, I don’t think it worked as I can not see much crackle lol, I have had the bottle of crackle for some time so it might be no good, but it has left a lovely all over  finish to my card. I cut two oval shapes from Tonic, one in mirror gold card and one from a bit I had left over from my background and stamped it with Merry Christmas also from Penny black.



I am entering my card into the following challenges









18 comments:

brenda said...

Your resist stamping looks great Babs, one of my favourite PB Poinsettias and the bold coloured inks really bring it to life.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Sorry to hear that you’ve got a cold Babs and I hope that you’ll be feeling better soon. Your card is beautiful and I love the subtle touch of yellow in the center of the Pointsettias. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,a gorgeous design.xxx

Chris said...

This is beautiful Babs, it's a lovely technique and the finished result is gorgeous. Hope you feel better soon!
Chris
x

brenda said...

Me again Babs, never save myself work so I, totally forgot to thank you for joining in at Penny Black and More with your lovely Poinsettia card.

B x

pam said...

looks a beautiful card Babs, hope you`er feeling a bit better.
Hugs Pam x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Babs, your heat resist technique is fabulous.
I'm sorry to hear that you are poorly, I hope you soon feel much better.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Diane said...

What a gorgeous color and design Babs, hope you feel better soon.

Hugs Diane

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous resist stamping, looks elegant. Emma

Sue said...

Gorgeous Babs! huggles Sue xx

Viv's Visuals said...

A really pretty poinsettia card!

Planetsusie said...

This is lovely Babs - I've done that - gone for one technique and ended up with something totally different but pretty all the same!! Love those poinsettias. Hugs Sue Pxxx

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
Monica - CCC DT

Daniela said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
x Daniela (DT)

Karen (karey2005) said...

Lovely! Thanks for linking up at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card Babs! I love all of the poinsettias and the beautiful emboss technique!
Big hugs, Tammy

CornishKat said...

Beautiful card Babs, those gorgeous flowers really stand out and there's a lovely hint of texture.
Katrina x